Eloise Gerson was Born in Peru and came to the US as a student. Eloise rapidly learned English and graduated from Loyola University with a business degree in Marketing & Advertising. Upon graduation, Eloise worked as an account executive for a major Michigan Ave. advertising firm. At the same time, Eloise got her Real Estate license and also took her first steps into in real estate management. Ultimately she gave up the corporate world to devote more time to real estate investing and management.
The career switch afforded Eloise more time for her avocation, politics. Upon earning her US Citizenship in 1994, Eloise exercised her right to vote for the first time in her life, and immediately got very involved with the Republican Party.
Eloise joined the 42nd Ward Republican Organization in 2000, became president of the Organization in 2001, and worked closely with former 42nd Ward Committeeman Richard Gordon.
Eloise’s political involvement since then has included:
• Elected Chairman of the Chicago Republican Party in April 2008.
• Elected 42nd Ward Committeeman in February 2008
• Appointed 42nd Ward Committeeman in January 2007 to complete the 4-year term of Committeeman Richard Gordon ending in January 2008
• President of the 42nd Ward GOP under Committeeman Richard Gordon from 2001 through 2007.
• Delegate to both State and Cook County Republican Conventions.
• Illinois State Delegate to the Republican Presidential Convention in New York in 2004 and was an Illinois Delegate deputy whip under Senator Dan Rutherford, Illinois Party Whip.
• Has continuously donated to the RNC and to Local, State and Federal Republican candidates.
• Leadership Member of the Republican Jewish Coalition. Activities include, attending local & national meetings with high ranking Republican members of Congress and members of the President’s Cabinet.
• Republican Jewish Coalition liaison to Judy Baar Topinka’s Gubernatorial Campaign.
• Member of Republican National Hispanic Assembly.
• Volunteered for many candidates by circulating petitions, distributing campaign flyers, phone banking and canvassing.
• Helped implement 42nd Ward GOP, yearly Boat Cruises, Senatorial Debates, Seminars, Holiday Parties, Fundraisers, etc.
• Served as 42nd Ward Judge of Election and Poll Watcher and also served as Voter Registrar
• Recruited Judges of Election for the 42nd Ward
• Walked the precincts during elections bringing refreshments to Election judges
• Involved in the community by attending community and CAPS meetings.
• Member of the International Women Associates, Chicago Chapter, an organization promoting understanding and co-operation among Chicago-area women of all nations.
• Member of SOAR (Streeterville Organization of Active Residents)
Eloise is married to Jesse and has been living in of the 42nd Ward since 1998.